Bhubaneswar: In view of the recent increase in forest fires across Odisha, the State Government on Monday constituted a State Level Task Force to review the situation and take further steps to restore normalcy.
The 9-member task force has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Former Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) & HoFF Sandeep Tripathi with the following terms of reference.
1. Review of ongoing Forest Fire incidence, causes and immediate containment.
2. Suggest measures for augmentation of existing Fire Management Protocols including Geomatic based Fire Alert System.
3. Recommend suggestions for improved community participation in Fire Management and Prevention.
4. To conduct Post Assessment of Forest Fire affected area, loss to wildlife, biodiversity and suggest appropriate measures for augmentation.
5. Give suggestions for improvement of SOP for Fire Prevention and Management in State to prevent and restrain such fire occurrences.
The other members of the task force include I/c PCCF Jitendra Kumar, I/c PCCF (Wildlife) Shashi Paul, Dehradun FSI DG Pankaj Agrawal, a representative of Dehradun ICFRE DG, Hyderabad NRSC’s Head of Forest & Ecology, ORSAC CEO PK Mallik, Odisha Environment Society Secretary JK Panigrahy and Bijay Agrawal from Baripada.