Cuttack: The much-awaited Odisha Matric Exam Results were published today and out of the 5,61, 079 results that have been published, 3,97,125 have passed. The pass percentage is 70.78% which is considerably less compared to that in 2018 when it was 76.23%.
As 1,63,954 students have failed, Secretary of School and Mass Education Department Pradipta Mohapatra informed that the pass percentage in Matric exams has decreased due to these reasons-
- Introduction of parallel set of questions
- Discontinuance of self centres
- Installation of CCTV cameras
- Action taken for making question paper viral (13 persons arrested, 18 employees suspended).
The board had cancelled the English exam at Ghunsar Government High School in Bolangir, PR High School in Dhenkanal and Krupasindhu Nodal High School at Gopinathpur in Cuttack, after the question paper had gone viral. These students will appear the Supplementary Exams, informed the BSE officials.
In Malkangiri’s Podia High School where 108 OMR sheets had gone missing, the results have been formulated using a special formula based on the answers of the students in subjective papers.
- Action taken for malpractice by exam centres
- Monitoring of centres by squad parties constituted at different levels
The Supplementary exams will be held in the end of June month to ensure that students can take admission in colleges at the right time. Meanwhile, students can apply for rechecking of papers in online mode for 10 days from May 24 onwards.