Bhubaneswar: In a bid to prevent spread of COVID-19 infection due to upsurge in some States, Odisha Government today asked all the Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, BPIA Director, Jharsuguda Airport Director and ECoR GM (Operations) to immediately initiate precautionary measures at the airports and railway stations.
In his ‘extremely urgent’ marked letter issued today, Odisha Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) ACS P.K.Mohapatra has mentioned, “The precautionary measures need to be strictly implemented in view of the upsurge of COVID-19 positive cases in the States of Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, West Bengal, Punjab, Delhi, Chandigarh, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh as any laxity can result in a resurgence of the pandemic in our State and ruin all our efforts over the past months.”
The letter underlines the following precautionary measures to be taken:
1. All passengers coming from the above mentioned States are to be screened at the point of arrival at Airports and Railway Stations as per the protocol.
2. On-site Rapid Antigen Testing of all the symptomatic passengers has to be ensured.
3. All the incoming passengers will remain under mandatory home isolation for 7 days. If during this period they develop any symptoms, they will be subjected to RT-PCR test. If found positive in RT-PCR test, they will be treated as per COVID treatment protocol.
4. Wearing of masks and implementation of social distancing measures are to be strictly enforced.
5. RT-PCR testing level has to be improved in all districts.
6. IEC campaign should be geared up on mission mode.