27 February 2020
Bhubaneswar: The Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) Department of the Government of Odisha has bagged the National MSME Award First Prize.
Principal Secretary, MSME Department, Government of Odisha Hemant Sharma received the award on behalf of the Department from Union MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari in the presence of Minister of State for MSME Pratap Sarangi at a function held in New Delhi on Wednesday.
This award was given by the MSME Department of the Central government. It is conferred in recognition of the outstanding contribution of the State government's MSME Department for development and promotion of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
Here are the factors that favoured Odisha in winning the first prize.
1. The growth rate in average budgetary support to MSME is 24%.
2. The growth rate in the establishment of enterprises is more than 20%.
3. Notification of Odisha procurement preference policy for micro & small enterprises.
4. The growth rate in the disposal of cases under MSEFC is 100.49%.
5. The growth rate in the credit guarantee scheme is 7.50%.
6. The growth rate in the implementation of PMEGP is 14%.
7. The growth rate in the implementation of SPRS under NSIC is 18.69%.
10. The growth rate in capacity building is 88.65%.
11. A single sign-in portal called Go SWIFT-Government of Odisha Single Window Portal for Investor Facilitation and Tracking.
12. Introduced district level facilitation cell in each district under the chairmanship of general manager DIC to resolve issues of the entrepreneurs as well as provide facilitation support to new projects.
13. Schemes notified by State government-(i) Industrial Policy, 2015 (ii) Odisha MSME Development Policy, 2016 (iii) Odisha Food Processing Policy, 2016 (iv) Odisha Startup Policy 2016 (v) Odisha Youth Innovation Fund Scheme 2015.