**Nabarangpur:** In a shocking incident, one person died and another was critically injured after coming in contact with electric trap laid for wild boars at Nagajodi village under Jharigaon block here late last night.
The deceased has been identified as Dalila Harijan (22). Meanwhile, Lakshmi Panaka (17) has been admitted to Nabarangpur Sadar Mahakuma Hospital in critical condition.
According to reports, Dalila and Lakshmi were on their way to a nearby village when they crossed a maize field. The field was protected with electric trap set by villagers to capture wild boars that used to destroy the crop in the night. The two girls came in contact with this trap and were electrocuted.
While Laxmi sustained injuries on her back and leg, Dalila was electrocuted in her face and died on the way to the hospital. On intimation, cops reached the spot and began a probe into the matter.
**Also Read:** [Odisha CM Visits Bolangir, Graces Women SHG Mahasamavesh, Grants Rs 1 Cr For Mission Shakti Bhawan](https://ommcomnews.com/odisha-news/odisha-cm-visits-bolangir-graces-women-shg-mahasamavesh-grants-rs-1-cr-for-mission-shakti-bhawan)