06 September 2019
Puri: Parents of a two and half month child are protesting outside Rebena Community Health Centre on Thursday with allegations of Polio vaccine overdose and medical negligence.
The deceased daughter of Smruti Ranjan Biswal of Naranapur near Bramhagiri had taken Polio vaccination from Bramhagiri Primary Health Centre last Wednesday. On Thursday night, the child got sick suddenly. Worried Biswal and his family brought the minor to Rebena Community Health Centre but found that there were no doctors in the health centre.
Sadly, the child could not survive the night. When the doctors arrived in the morning, they declared the child dead. Since morning the family of the deceased child has been protesting demanding justice for the innocent.
We tried to get in touch with Puri CDMO Dr Amarendra Mohanty but he was not available to leave a comment.