21 January 2019
Angul: Over 15 students of Alekhapatna Primary School at Kumanda village in Angul district were taken ill today after consuming chocolates brought by one of their classmates.
Reportedly, a boy had distributed chocolates among 26 students of the school on occasion of his birthday. After eating the chocolates, the children started vomiting and complained of stomach ache following which they were sent to their respective homes.
As there was no improvement seen in the condition of the children, family members rushed them to nearby hospital. Presently, four of the children are undergoing treatment at District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), Angul while a few others are admitted to a private nursing home.
The condition of all the children is presently reported to be stable.