Puri: As Srimandir (Shree Jagannath Temple) reopened from today for limited devotees and would allow general darshan for all devotees from January 3 onwards, the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the purpose as precautionary measures and as the pandemic situation is still prevalent.
General Guidelines on account of COVID-19 for all devotees:
1. It is mandatory for all pilgrims to wear masks at all times, inside and outside the temple.
2. Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering into the temple.
3. Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID guidelines.
4. Devotees are requested not to touch statues or idols inside the temple.
5. It is prohibited to take flowers/bhoga/deepa inside the temple. There will be big containers placed at the entrance where such items can be dropped if being carried by the devotees.
6. There will be no lighting of ‘Deepa’ inside the temple by the devotees.
7. There will be no partaking of Mahaprasad inside Ananda Bazaar and temple premises.
8. Chewing of tobacco/pan and spitting inside temple premises is strictly prohibited.
9. Parking of vehicles will be done only at Jagannath Ballav Math premises or any other designated place.
10. Advice to senior citizen/children/persons having co-morbidities: Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below 10 years are advised not to visit the temple in view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation.
Guidelines for all devotees who will be visiting the temple w.e.f January 3, 2021:
1. Queue system will open from 08.00 AM at Market Chhak.
2. All devotees will be required to bring COVID-19 negative certificate (RTPCR/Antigen) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the temple.
3. All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID card, namely, Aadhar/Voter ID etc.
4. Devotees will make entry through the barricades from Market Chhak till Jagannath Temple Office; leave their belongings at the designated place outside the temple; produce their ID proof for verification and follow the COVID-19 guideline of hand sanitization and thermal scanning before entering the temple.
5. All devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the Darshan, the exit will be through Uttaradwar.
“The above guidelines will be reviewed periodically and revised instructions will be issued from time to time to further facilitate darshan by devotees and also for management of COVID-19 pandemic,” stated SJTA chief administrator Krishan Kumar.