19 June 2017
Soro: In a tragic incident, two brothers died from snake bite on late Sunday evening at Damodarpur Sasana village near Kanchapada of Balasore district.
The deceased have been identified as 18- year-old Jashwant Mishra and 8-year-old Bharat Mishra.
The duo was bitten by a poisonous snake while they were sleeping in their house.
Both of them were rushed to Bhadrak Hospital in a critical condition.
Older brother died at Bhadrak Hospital while younger brother succumbed to the fatal sting while being taken to Cuttack SCB.
Local MLA Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi visited the aggrieved family and promised government aid.
The bodies have been sent for autopsy.