Sonepur: Two persons sustained grievous injuries after a domestic gas cylinder exploded in a house at Narda village in Tarabha block of the district on Monday. The mishap occurred when a member of the family of Kailash Rana was cooking in the kitchen. The injured duo have been shifted to Bolangir district headquarters hospital.
At first, the LPG cylinder caught fire and before the family members could contain the blaze, the tank exploded. Kailash and Kishori Rana sustained serious injuries. Three rooms of the house have been destroyed due to the impact of the explosion, reports stated.