Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance on Tuesday unearthed 25 immovable properties worth crores in the name of Deputy Manager of Odisha Police Housing & Welfare Corporation (OPHWC), Pratap Kumar Samal, and his wife Sasmita Samal.
The properties include five plots and one building (G+3) at Basudebpur in Bhadrak and 17 plots and two buildings in Bhubaneswar and Khurda. The technical team of Odisha Vigilance is to carry out valuations.
Ten teams of Odisha Vigilance led by one Additional SP, 5 DSsP, 7 Inspectors and other staff had today conducted raids on houses and property associated with Pratap on the strength of search warrants issued by the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
Raids had been launched at the following places.
1) Triple-storeyed building over Plot No. N/6-416, IRC Village,
2) Six storeyed building located opposite Maa Bhagabati Temple, Biju Pattanaik College Chhaka, Jayadev Vihar,
3) Single storeyed building over plot No.3/605, Sarakantra, Khandagiri given on rent,
4) Flat No-202, second floor, Narendra Villa, Jayadev Vihar,
5) Three storeyed apartment namely Ananya Towers at Balisahi, Basudevpur, Bhadrak,
6) Temporary residence of his associate at Ananya Towers,
7) Native house at Haripur, Simulia, Balasore,
8) House of relative at Haripur, Simulia, Balasore, and
9) Office located at OPHWC, Bhubaneswar
Two more properties associated with Pratap were unearthed during the search.
1) A five-storeyed building over Khata No.594, Plot No.991, at Gothapatana, Bhubaneswar in the name of Pratap’s wife Sasmita.
2) A four-storeyed building over plot no.N/6-235, IRC Village, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar.
A total of Rs 38,12,900 was recovered and seized from his house. The five-storeyed building at Gothapatana in the name of Sasmita, as per her self declaration before Khurda Collector, was valued at Rs 3,89,60,000 including land.