Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance has unearthed property worth crores in possession of Santosh Kumar Das, Assistant Engineer, Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA), Baripada.
The anti-corruption agency had recovered Rs 13.6 lakh during simultaneous raids at 11 places on Thursday. In searches that continued till late in the night, further Rs 28,17,800 and 659 grams of gold were recovered from his Balasore house where his family resides.
It is one of the top three cash recoveries in the history of Odisha Vigilance.
While the searches are in progress, Das was today brought to Baragarh, Britt Colony house at Bhubaneswar where one more property will be searched today.
Total recoveries so far during house searches on properties linked to Das are as follows:
1. Cash Rs 41.77 lakh.
2. Gold 659 grams.
3. One 4 storeyed building at Bargarh, Bhubaneswar.
4. One 4 storeyed building at Balasore.
5. One Flat at Sailashree Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
6. One semi-finished building at Kalinga Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
7. Three plots at Balasore.
8. One four-wheeler and 3 two-wheelers.