**Sundargarh:** The carcass of an elephant was found in Garada village under Bisra forest here on Wednesday morning. The jumbo is believed to have died after coming in contact with a live electic wire.
However, forest officials said the exact reason of the pachyderm’s death would be known after an autopsy is conducted on it. “We will conduct an autopsy on the body. Further investigations are on,” said an official.
It may be noted that elephants are electrocuted often in Odisha as they come into human habitations in search of food. In forest-fringe areas, live electric wires remain sagging at many places. The pachyderms come in contact with these low-hanging live wires and die. Unavailability of food and water in forests force the jumbos to come to villages.