Sundargarh: A woman allegedly choked to death while eating ‘Gupchup’ with family at Sarafgarh village under Lephripara police limits of Sundargarh district on Wednesday.
Reportedly, the deceased Phulmati Kisan was eating ‘Gupchup’ at her house with her husband and child when she suddenly felt breathlessness and fell down.
She was immediately rushed to Lephripara Community Health Centre (CHC) where she was declared dead. Later her body was sent for post-mortem to Sundargarh Hospital.
Sundargarh CDMO Saroj Kumar Mishra said there are chances that a food item gets stuck in the windpipe and it obstructs the flow of oxygen to the lungs which results in death. The exact reason for her death can be ascertained after post-mortem.