Cuttack: A girl sustained serious burns after getting trapped in a blaze at a rented accommodation in Mansinghpatna area of the city today. The girl is a student at a college in Cuttack.
The girl’s both hands and legs were tied together when she was rescued by the locals. Reports said, a group of youths set the house on fire.
The girl was rushed to SCB Medical College and Hospital in a critical condition. She is undergoing treatment at SCB and is currently under observation.
A fire service team from the local station was pressed into service to douse the flames. The police have arrived at the spot and inquiring further.
While the reason behind this incident is being ascertained, the police has started an invesgtigation. “Once the girl recovers, we will probe further and take her statement,” a local police official said