• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Sports

Neymar To Retire From Football By The End Of 2026

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
February 21, 2026
in Sports

New Delhi: Following his clear and understandable statements regarding his next journey, Neymar has made an announcement about the potential to conclude his successful football career in 2026.

The 34-year-old, who renewed his contract with his boyhood club Santos last month, said he is taking things year by year and did not rule out retirement at the end of the calendar year. Neymar returned to Santos in January 2025 and played a key role in helping the team stay in Brazil’s top flight. He scored five goals in the last five matches of the season, which helped the club avoid relegation.

Yet, despite rediscovering form at home, the forward remains uncertain about what lies ahead.

“I don’t know what will happen from now on, I don’t know about next year,” Neymar told Brazilian online channel Caze on Friday. “It may be that when December comes, I’ll want to retire. I’m living year to year now.”

His candid remarks come at a crucial juncture. “This year is a very important year, not only for Santos, but also for the Brazilian national team, as it’s a World Cup year, and for me too,” Neymar said, underlining the significance of the months ahead.

Neymar recently had successful knee surgery as he continues to deal with recurring injuries that have affected the later stages of his career. As Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 79 international goals, he has not played for the national team since October 2023. This raises questions about his participation in the upcoming global tournament.

Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti has repeatedly stated over the past year that only fully fit players will be considered for selection for the 2026 World Cup, which is set to take place from June 11 to July 19 in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.

(IANS)

Tags: Neymar
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Melania Trump Donates Inaugural Gown

Next Post

Odisha To Conduct ITEP Admissions Through NCET From 2026–27

Related Posts

Sports

Venus Williams Awarded Indian Wells Wild Card

February 21, 2026
Sports

Lakshya Cup: India’s Top-Ranked Rifle Shooters Arrive In Navi Mumbai For Invitation-Only Event

February 21, 2026
Sports

La Liga: Changes Likely As Real Madrid Visit In-Form Osasuna

February 21, 2026
Sports

‘I Won’t Bat 15 Overs To Correct Poor Form And Ignore The Game’: Jos Buttler

February 20, 2026
Sports

Team Is Entering Hobart Leg Of FIH Men’s Pro League With ‘Positive And Aggressive’ Mindset: Hardik

February 20, 2026
Sports

Radha’s All-Around Effort Guides India To Women’s Asia Cup Rising Stars Final

February 20, 2026
Next Post
ITEP Admissions

Odisha To Conduct ITEP Admissions Through NCET From 2026–27

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.