• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Humanitarian Activities Suspended In 2 Cities After Clashes In Congo’s South Kivu: UN

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
December 17, 2025
in World

United Nations: Following clashes in several parts of South Kivu province, eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), all humanitarian activities remain suspended in the cities of Fizi and Baraka, a UN spokesperson said.

The latest violence has sparked panic among civilians, and UN partners also reported some looting by armed people, said Farhan Haq, deputy spokesperson for the UN secretary-general, at a daily briefing, quoting the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

Local authorities estimate that since December 8, around 110,000 people have fled to other parts of South Kivu, while others have crossed into Burundi. There are also reports about people continuing toward Tanzania, Haq said.

He said OCHA continues to engage with all parties to facilitate the safe movement of humanitarian teams and resume aid operations.

Meanwhile, more than 78,000 people, including asylum seekers, returnees and migrants, have crossed into Burundi from South Kivu since December 5, according to the UN Refugee Agency, said the spokesperson.

Approximately 15,000 people have so far been transferred to Burundi’s Bweru and Makombe displacement and transition sites, he said, adding that all refugee camps and hosting sites have reported a sharp increase in population as new arrivals continue.

According to the spokesperson, dozens of cases of cholera and two cases of mpox have been reported in the Gatumba displacement site, which is close to the border with the DRC, and UN partners working in health are trying to contain and manage the outbreaks, Xinhua news agency reported.

Earlier on December 8, UN humanitarians had said that fighting continues to intensify in the South Kivu province of the DRC, particularly around the localities of Kamanyola, Luvungi and Katogota.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) previously said that fighting among armed groups and restrictions during the second and third quarters of 2025 have severely limited humanitarian access or made it impossible in some places, including the localities of Minembwe and Itombwe, as well as the Hauts Plateaux.

(IANS)

Tags: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)Humanitarian ActivitiesOffice for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)Suspended
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

EAM Jaishankar Meets Israeli PM Netanyahu, Discusses Deeper Bilateral Cooperation

Next Post

Trump Turns Hanukkah Reception Into Campaign-Style Defence Of Israel

Related Posts

Rini Sampath
Nation

Tamil Nadu Native Enters Washington DC Mayor Race

February 18, 2026
AI
World

India And France Launch Centre For AI In Health At AIIMS

February 18, 2026
Finland PM
World

Finland PM Sees Key Role For India In Human-Centric Technological Progress

February 18, 2026
Brazilian President
World

Brazilian President Kicks Off India Visit, Set To Attend AI Impact Summit

February 18, 2026
PM Modi
World

PM Modi, Serbian Prez Aleksandar Vucic Discuss Expanding Cooperation Across Sectors

February 18, 2026
Pakistan
World

Pakistan: Where Top Military Officers Become Entrepreneurs Under Institutional Patronage

February 18, 2026
Next Post
Trump

Trump Turns Hanukkah Reception Into Campaign-Style Defence Of Israel

UP Man Kills Wife, Two Daughters, Buries Them In 7-Ft-Deep Pit At Home

Grateful To People, Govt For Conferring ‘Great Honour Nishan Of Ethiopia’, Says PM Modi

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.