• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Iran Ready For Deal With US If National Interests Respected: President Pezeshkian

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
April 22, 2025
in World

Tehran: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said that Iran is open to reaching an agreement with the US in ongoing indirect talks, provided that the country’s national interests are preserved.

“In the negotiations with the United States, we are ready for an agreement within a defined framework and while ensuring our national interests,” Pezeshkian said on Monday during a meeting in Tehran.

“However, if they (US representatives) refrain from negotiating with us on equal terms, we will continue on our own path,” the Iranian president warned.

He added that, as previously stated by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran remains “neither optimistic nor pessimistic” about the negotiations, Xinhua news agency reported.

Pezeshkian also reiterated that Tehran does not seek conflict but would resist any attempt at coercion. “We do not want confrontation with anyone, but we will not tolerate pressure or bullying,” he said.

His comments followed the second round of indirect talks between Iran and the United States, held in Rome on Saturday with mediation from Oman. The first round took place in Muscat on April 12, and a third session is scheduled to be held in the Omani capital again this coming Saturday.

At a weekly news conference in Tehran, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said the removal of US sanctions remained Iran’s principal demand in the negotiations.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump described the recent talks as “very good.” Speaking to reporters over the weekend, Trump said, “We had very good meetings actually on Iran,” adding, “The next step is we need a little time.”

The discussions came in the wake of a letter sent by Trump to Iran’s leadership in early March, proposing talks on Tehran’s nuclear programme. Trump later warned of military action should Iran reject his offer for talks.

Iran signed the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with six world powers — Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia, and the United States — in 2015. Under the deal, Tehran agreed to curb its nuclear programme in exchange for sanctions relief.

The United States, led by Trump during his first term, unilaterally withdrew from the accord in 2018 and reimposed sanctions, prompting Iran to gradually reduce compliance with its nuclear commitments. Efforts to revive the agreement have not achieved substantial progress.

(IANS)

Tags: IranIranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Esmaeil BaghaeiIranian President Masoud Pezeshkian
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

White House Looking To Replace Pentagon Chief Hegseth Over Signal Chat Controversy: Report

Next Post

Odisha Heatwave: Western Parts Likely To Hit 46°C Today

Related Posts

Donald Trump
World

US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump Global Tariffs, Says They Are Unlawful

February 20, 2026
Canada
World

India And Canada Work On Disrupting Transnational Ecosystem Sustaining Khalistani Extremism

February 20, 2026
Guterres
World

Guterres, At Meetings With PM Modi, President Murmu, Congratulates India’s Leadership In AI Domain

February 20, 2026
Northwest Nigeria
World

Suspected Bandits Kill 33 In Northwest Nigeria: Police

February 20, 2026
Bangladesh
World

Bangladesh: 43 Newly-Elected MPs Face Murder Charges

February 20, 2026
World

South Korea: Ex-President Yoon Apologises For Suffering Caused By Martial Law But Defends His Decree

February 20, 2026
Next Post
Scorching Heat

Odisha Heatwave: Western Parts Likely To Hit 46°C Today

Captured Punjab-Origin Terrorist Harpreet Singh Behind Multiple Attacks, Says FBI Chief

Train Cancellations

Train Cancellations For Safety Upgrades Between Rourkela & Bondamunda

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.