Bhubaneswar: At least 2 million Ukrainians have fled the country in last 15 days following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which is being termed as Europe’s biggest refugee crisis in decades.
Tens of thousands of troops on both sides have been killed while the civilian casualties are on rise with Russia on denial to halt the offensive.
Within two weeks of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the crisis has turned out to be one of the deadliest in decades, turning out to be a massive humanitarian and economic crisis.
As chaos, confusion, and uncertainty continue over the fate of war-torn Ukraine, below are the latest updates on the crisis:
- Ukraine is investigating 38 cases of alleged treason against police officials of Mariupol and Kherson;
- Russia tells EU, NATO to stop supplying weapons to Ukraine;
- Vladimir Putin holds talks with French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz on Ukraine war;
- WHO says Ukraine crisis could spread infectious diseases;
- US Vice-President announces another USD 5 million for humanitarian aid;
- Will do everything together to support what is necessary for Ukraine: US Vice-President Kamala Harris;
- Russia accuses US of funding biological weapons research in Ukraine;
- Anti-war protests intensify in Russia along with police crackdown;
- Ukraine is opening seven humanitarian corridors through which civilians can evacuate cities besieged by Russian forces: Deputy PM Iryna Vereshchuk;
- 600 Indian students evacuated from Ukrainian city of Sumy reach Poland, likely to fly to India Thursday;
- Russia never wants to depend on Western states or companies again: Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov;
- Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez accused Russia of “war crimes” after attack on children’s hospital in Mariupol;
- Russia denies firing on civilian targets accuse Ukraine of “information terrorism”;
- Ukraine and Russia made no progress towards ceasefire during talks in Turkey: Ukrainian foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba;
- Mariupol hospital was base for Ukraine nationalists, says Russian foreign minister;
- Amazon halts product shipments to Russia, suspends Prime Video access;
- UK government announces sanctions targeting seven Russian oligarchs. They are Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich, leading industrialist Oleg Deripaska, Rosneft chief executive Igor Sechin and the head of Gazprom Alexei Miller: Foreign Secretary Liz Truss;
- Kremlin to ask military for information on Ukraine hospital strike;
- Airstrike on a hospital in Ukraine’s Mariupol kills three people, including a child;
- Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko told his defence ministry on Thursday that the Belarus army must prevent any attack on Russian forces from the rear;
- Russia will no longer participate in Council of Europe;
- IAF flight with 119 Indians, 27 foreigners land in Delhi from Bucharest;
- Gold prices drop as risk appetite rebounds on oil price decline;
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson commits Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy that London would boost sanctions against Russia.