• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

S.Korea To Coordinate Bilateral, Trilateral Measures With US, Japan Against N.Korea’s Provocations: Official

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
December 17, 2023
in World

Seoul:  South Korea will work toward coordinating bilateral and trilateral measures involving the US and Japan if North Korea continues to engage in provocations, a senior Seoul security official said on Sunday.

Principal Deputy National Security Adviser Kim Tae-hyo made the remarks at Incheon International Airport, west of Seoul, after returning home following his attendance at the second meeting of the South Korea-US Nuclear Consultative Group (NCG) in Washington last Friday.

Last week, Kim raised the possibility of North Korea launching an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) in December. North Korea last test-fired a Hwasong-18 solid-fuel ICBM in July, Yonhap news agency reported.

“If such provocations from North Korea continue, we will work toward coordinating necessary measures between South Korea and the US, actions the two countries can take individually and joint actions that South Korea, the US and Japan can collectively implement,” Kim told reporters after arriving at the airport.

Kim added that Washington also “recognises the possibility of North Korea conducting ballistic missile provocations, including ICBMs, by mid-December or at the latest early next year”.

He noted that the North Korea’s potential capability to equip missiles with nuclear warheads was a crucial concern that the NCG needs to be attentive of.

Amid renewed North Korean ICBM launch concerns, the USS Missouri (SSN-780), a Virginia-class nuclear-powered US attack submarine, entered a key naval base in Busan, 320 km southeast of Seoul, earlier on Sunday, according to the South Korean Navy.

The deployment of the submarine comes just three weeks after the USS Santa Fe (SSN-763), a Los Angeles-class submarine, entered the Jeju Naval Base on the southern resort island.

(IANS)

Tags: South Korea
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Trinamool’s Gokhale Demand Shah’s Statement On Parliament Security Breach

Next Post

Telangana’s New Government Transfers 16 IAS Officers

Related Posts

World

All-Party Meeting Calls For Peace After Communal Clash In Nepal Border District

February 22, 2026
World

Pakistan Providing Terror Groups With Operational Space: Report

February 22, 2026
World

CIA Retracts 19 Intelligence Reports Over Bias Concerns

February 22, 2026
World

New York’s $330 Million Estate Battle Sparks Court Controversy

February 22, 2026
World

Trump To Deliver First SOTU Of Second Term On Feb 24

February 22, 2026
World

Pakistani Strikes Afghan Border Areas, Dozens Of Civilians Killed

February 22, 2026
Next Post

Telangana’s New Government Transfers 16 IAS Officers

Enforcement Directorate (ED)

ED Attaches Properties In Neomax Group Case In TN

Rahul Gandhi Meets Newly Appointed MP Congress Chief, CLP & Deputy Leader

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.