• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

South Africa Deports 95 Libyans Arrested At Military Training Camp

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
August 18, 2024
in World

Johannesburg:  The South African Department of Home Affairs on Sunday deported 95 Libyans who were arrested at a suspected illegal military training base in South Africa last month.

The 95 Libyan nationals were arrested by police in July after allegedly being found doing military training in White River in Mpumalanga province. South Africa’s National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), however, on Thursday withdrew charges against them, saying there is no sufficient evidence to convict them for contravening the Immigration Act, Xinhua news agency reported.

The Department of Home Affairs said in a statement issued Sunday that it had concluded its role in the deportation of the 95 Libyans by declaring “They are scheduled to leave South Africa from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport this morning in a flight that has been paid for by the Libyan Government.”

Their flight departed from the airport on Sunday, according to local media reports.

“I commend the home affairs officials and other law enforcement officers who worked tirelessly to ensure an expeditious deportation. We will continue to deploy all resources at our disposal to ensure that the country’s immigration laws are respected and observed,” said Leon Schreiber, South African minister of Home Affairs, in the aforementioned statement.

The Home Affairs Department cancelled the visas of the Libyans, saying they made misrepresentations in their visa applications that they were coming to South Africa to train as security guards. The NPA said they will continue proceeding with investigations against the planners, organizers and financiers of the alleged military training camp.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Bengal Governor Asks State-Run Medical Colleges To Beef Up Security

Next Post

NE Council Withdraws ‘Vision Plan 2047’ After ‘Chin State Of Manipur’ Gaffe

Related Posts

World

PM Modi Reaches Sendai; Travels With Japanese PM Ishiba On Iconic Shinkansen

August 30, 2025
World

PM Modi Meets Governors Of 16 Japanese Prefectures In Tokyo

August 30, 2025
World

Putin Expects Tianjin Summit To Inject New Momentum Into SCO

August 30, 2025
World

US Justice Department Announces Probe Into H-1B Visa Misuse

August 30, 2025
World

India ‘Embracing Multi-Alignment Vigorously’ As Relations With The US Sour, Says Expert

August 30, 2025
World

Federal Appeals Court Strikes Down Trump’s Reciprocal Tariffs In Reprieve For India

August 30, 2025
Next Post

NE Council Withdraws 'Vision Plan 2047' After 'Chin State Of Manipur' Gaffe

Indian Coast Guard Director General Rakesh Pal Dies Of Heart Attack

Pakistan: 187 Killed, 333 Injured In Monsoon Rains & Flash Floods

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.