• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Sudan’s Army Chief Rules Out Reconciliation With Paramilitary Forces

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
January 6, 2024
in World

Khartoum: Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) chief Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan has ruled out reconciliation with the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and vowed to continue fighting.

“There is no reconciliation or agreement with the rebels. We will fight until the militia ends, or we end,” Al-Burhan said in a video speech posted by the sovereign council on its Telegram account late Friday.

“Our battle continues until every site in Sudan is restored,” said the SAF commander.

Al-Burhan welcomed the “Sudanese Popular Resistance” campaign.

“We welcome the popular resistance, and we will arm them, but the weapons must be legalised and registered by the armed forces,” he said.

He however, criticized the recently signed declaration between the RSF and Coordination of Civilian Democratic Forces (Taqaddum), a political coalition led by former Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok.

“The politicians who signed an agreement with RSF made a mistake by talking to rebels,” said Al-Burhan, noting that “the politicians’ agreement with the RSF is unacceptable and valueless”.

On January 2, the RSF and the Taqaddum signed the “Addis Ababa Declaration” to stop the war in Sudan.

According to the declaration, the RSF is prepared to immediately and unconditionally cease hostilities through direct talks with the Sudanese army.

The two parties to the declaration also stressed that sustainable peace in Sudan must be based on ending the multiplicity of armies and forming one professional army.

Sudan has been witnessing deadly clashes between the SAF and the RSF since April 15, 2023.

More than 12,000 people have been killed in the fighting and 33,000 others injured, according to UN figures.

As of last month, over 5.8 million were internally displaced and more than 1.5 million others had fled the country as refugees.

 (IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Rs 100 Cr Bungalow Sealed In S Delhi As Crackdown On Scrap Mafia Boss Ravi Kana Intensifies

Next Post

Japan’s XRISM Satellite Showcases 1st Look At X-Ray Cosmos

Related Posts

World

After Two Decades, BNP Set To Form Govt In Bangladesh

February 17, 2026
World

India Emerging As Global Leader In Renewable Energy Expansion: UN

February 17, 2026
Antonio Guterres
Nation

At Delhi Summit, UN Chief To Pitch Inclusivity In AI, Alert World To Risks

February 17, 2026
Marco Rubio
World

Rubio Signals US Won’t Force Isolation Of China Partners

February 17, 2026
World

Hungary, US Sign Nuclear Cooperation Agreement

February 16, 2026
World

Death Toll From Cyclone Gezani Rises To 59 In Madagascar

February 16, 2026
Next Post

Japan's XRISM Satellite Showcases 1st Look At X-Ray Cosmos

Elephant

Rogue Elephant Shifted To Kapilas Rescue Centre From Boudh

Set 'Ablaze' By Relative, Man Dies Of Burns In Delhi

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.