• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Breaking News

Owners Firm On Strike; Buses To Go Off Road From Tomorrow

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
October 19, 2023
in Breaking News, Odisha
Bus strike

Bhubaneswar: The Private Bus Owners’ Association will go on an indefinite strike from tomorrow protesting the Government’s Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative (LAccMI) scheme.

As per the earlier announcement, the owners will launch the strike from Friday as the government failed to give a written assurance on the demands of owners, association secretary Debendra Sahu said.

“We demanded to stop the LAccMI bus services from blocks to district headquarters. The government has not yet given any written assurance. So, we have decided to launch the strike unwillingly. The buses will go off the roads for an indefinite period from 6 am tomorrow,” Sahu said at a press meet.

“We tender sincere apology to the passengers for the inconvenience during Dussehra festivities,” he added.

As many as 14,000 private busses will go off the road hitting the livelihood of around 1.5 lakh staff, he rued.

The government had earlier assured that buses under the LAccMI scheme would not ply from block to district. However, it has not been met, Sahu said.

Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had earlier launched the affordable bus service under LaccMI. The scheme aims to connect all the gram panchayats with the district headquarters and the state capital.

Tags: bus strikeChief Minister Naveen PatnaikLAccMI schemeprivate bus owner's association
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

WhatsApp Tests ‘View Once’ Mode For ‘Voice Notes’ On Ios, Android

Next Post

Men’s ODI WC: India Fight Back To Restrict Bangladesh To 256/8 After Litton Das, Tanzid Hasan Hit Fifties

Related Posts

Odisha

Double Tragedy In Jajpur: Girl Dies of Snakebite, Grandfather Of Shock

August 29, 2025
Breaking News

Speaker Om Birla Offers Prayers At Srimandir, Agrees To Install Chariot Wheels At Parliament

August 29, 2025
Odisha

Newly Appointed Leaders Of BCJD, BYJD Meet Party President Naveen Patnaik

August 29, 2025
Odisha

Odisha State Bar Council Directs Advocates Engaged In Other Professions To Surrender License

August 29, 2025
Odisha

Orissa High Court Orders Fresh Review Of Life Convict’s Early Release Plea

August 29, 2025
Breaking News

Governor Presents Biju Patnaik Sports Awards; Kujur Honoured With Best Sportsmanship Award

August 29, 2025
Next Post

Men's ODI WC: India Fight Back To Restrict Bangladesh To 256/8 After Litton Das, Tanzid Hasan Hit Fifties

Denied Wheelchairs, Two Ill Woman Passengers Slap Rs 20 Crore Suit Against Vistara

Earlier Regimes Had No Vision On Skill Development, We Encouraged Talent Among Youth: PM Modi

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.