• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

Char Dham Yatra Resumes After Two-Day Halt As Uttarakhand Battles Heavy Rain

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
July 30, 2026
in Nation

Dehradun: The Char Dham Yatra resumed on Thursday after remaining suspended for two days as authorities prioritised the safety of pilgrims amid incessant rainfall and deteriorating weather conditions across Uttarakhand.

Prajapati Nautiyal, Special Officer on Duty (SOD) for the pilgrimage administration, told IANS, “In accordance with directives from the administration and the Garhwal Commissioner, the pilgrimage resumed smoothly at 6:00 a.m. on Thursday.”

He further said that any fresh instructions or updates received from the administration or the state government would be communicated to pilgrims through the media so that they could make informed decisions regarding their journey.

Despite the resumption of the pilgrimage, minor road blockages continue to be reported at several locations across the state due to landslides, falling rocks, and debris triggered by the persistent rainfall.

The Pokhari-Rudraprayag motor road has been blocked approximately one kilometre ahead of Guniyala Khal after large rocks and substantial debris fell from a hillside, disrupting movement along the route.

Heavy rainfall has also continued to affect normal life in Chamoli district, where the Badrinath National Highway remains blocked near Bhanerpani in the Pipalkoti area, creating difficulties for pilgrims and other travellers using the route.

Earlier, authorities had suspended the Char Dham Yatra on July 28 and 29 in view of concerns over pilgrim safety. The decision was taken after landslides blocked roads at several locations and the weather department issued an alert for heavy rainfall across parts of Uttarakhand.

The effects of continuous rainfall, landslides, and repeated disruptions have been increasingly visible on this year’s Char Dham pilgrimage, with a decline being witnessed in the number of devotees undertaking the journey each day. Despite the weather-related challenges, however, more than 4.5 million, or 45 lakh, pilgrims have completed the Char Dham Yatra so far this season.

According to government figures, a total of 4,523,412 pilgrims had visited the four major shrines in Uttarakhand by July 25. Badrinath recorded the highest footfall, with 15,53,525 pilgrims visiting the shrine since the beginning of the pilgrimage. It was followed by Kedarnath, which received 14,14,590 pilgrims, while 7,09,418 devotees visited Gangotri and 6,49,957 pilgrims travelled to Yamunotri.

The Char Dham Yatra is one of the most significant pilgrimages in Uttarakhand and covers four revered temples located in the high Himalayan region — Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. According to religious tradition, devotees are expected to undertake the pilgrimage in a clockwise direction.

The traditional route therefore begins with Yamunotri, followed by Gangotri, then Kedarnath, and finally concludes at Badrinath. The four shrines hold immense religious significance and attract millions of devotees from across India and abroad every year.

The high-altitude temples remain inaccessible for roughly six months every year because of extreme winter conditions in the Himalayan region. They generally open to devotees during the summer months, usually in April or May, and close again with the arrival of winter around October or November.

With the pilgrimage now resumed, authorities continue to monitor weather conditions, road connectivity, and the movement of pilgrims across the routes leading to the four shrines.

Pilgrims have also been advised to remain alert and follow instructions issued by the administration as rainfall and landslide risks continue in several parts of the state.

(IANS)

Tags: Char Dham Yatra
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Kapil Sibal Questions Home Minister’s ‘Silence’ Over Use Of Pellet Guns During Students Stir

Next Post

Odisha Assembly Seeks Report On Breach Of Privilege Complaint Against Kesinga SDPO

Related Posts

CBI
Nation

CBI Arrests I&B Ministry’s Deputy Controller Of Accounts In Rs 10 Lakh Bribery Case

August 19, 2026
Nation

‘Files On My Table’: CM Vijay Hints At Action Over ‘Irregularities’ In DMK-Era Govt

August 19, 2026
Nation

SEBI To Take Immediate Action Against CAS Manipulation, Warns Chairman Tuhin Kanta Pandey

August 19, 2026
Nation

EAM Jaishankar, Singapore FM Balakrishnan Discuss Ways To Deepen Strategic Ties

August 19, 2026
Nation

BJP Appeasing Its ‘Communal’ Supporters With Raids On Those Building Universities: Akhilesh Yadav

August 19, 2026
Nation

SP Netas Don’t Want Azam Khan To Live, It’s They Who Leak Inputs About His Black Deeds: OP Rajbhar

August 19, 2026
Next Post

Odisha Assembly Seeks Report On Breach Of Privilege Complaint Against Kesinga SDPO

Water Resources Dept Strengthens Field Deployment Amid Emerging Flood Situation

6 Lakh People Hit By Flood Across Five Districts, Says Revenue Minister

Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.