• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

MP Boat Capsize: 6 Dead, 19 Rescued; Search On For Over A Dozen Missing

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
May 1, 2026
in Nation

Bhopal/Jabalpur: A major rescue operation continued late into Thursday night after a tourist cruise boat capsized in the Bargi Dam reservoir in Madhya Pradesh’s Jabalpur district, leaving at least six people dead, 19 rescued, and at least 15 still missing, officials said.

The accident occurred on Thursday evening, around 300 metres from the dam’s embankment, when the Madhya Pradesh Tourism cruise boat carrying around 40 to 45 passengers overturned following a sudden storm accompanied by strong winds.

Bargi City Superintendent of Police (CSP) Anjul Mishra said that the abrupt change in weather conditions caused the vessel to lose balance and sink.

Rescue operations, led by the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), local police, and other agencies, have been underway since the incident was reported. Despite challenges posed by darkness and intermittent rain, teams continued search efforts using powerful searchlights.

In a significant development, SDRF personnel used gas cutters to breach the hull of the submerged cruise vessel and rescued a passenger who had been trapped inside for nearly three hours. The sunken vessel has since been secured with ropes, and efforts are ongoing to retrieve it from the water.

Officials said that the rescue operation is being carried out on a war footing, with teams conducting coordinated underwater and surface searches to trace the missing passengers.

Yogendra Richhariya, an official from the Tourism Department, said that the ill-fated vessel, built in 2006, had a capacity of 60 passengers and was the only operational cruise boat at Bargi Dam, as the second vessel is currently non-functional.

In response to the tragedy, the district administration has set up a control room at the Collector’s office in Jabalpur to assist families and coordinate information. The helpline number 0761-2624355 has been made operational through the night.

Virendra Singh has been appointed as the in-charge of the control room, and authorities have urged people to use the facility to share or obtain information regarding missing persons and other updates.

Public Works Department Minister Rakesh Singh reached the spot and reviewed the rescue operations.

“Following the tragic cruise accident near Khamariya Island at Bargi Dam, I visited the site to take stock of the situation. The local administration and the SDRF team are actively engaged in relief and rescue operations with great promptness,” he said.

He added: “Chief Minister Mohan Yadav has directed that financial assistance of Rs 4 lakh each be provided to the families of the deceased. Additionally, the state government is making comprehensive arrangements for the medical treatment of the injured.”

“In this difficult time, the government remains fully committed to assisting the affected families with utmost sensitivity. I am personally present at the site, and continuous efforts are being made to ensure that swift relief and every possible assistance reach every victim,” Singh said.

Authorities said that rescue operations will continue overnight as teams intensify efforts to locate the missing passengers.
(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

UN Chief ‘Appreciates’ Myanmar Military Moving Aung San Suu Kyi From Prison To Home Detention

Next Post

Bengal CEO Dismisses Trinamool’s EVM Tampering Charge At Kolkata Strong-Room

Related Posts

Suvendu Adhikari Aide Murder Case
Nation

Suvendu Adhikari Aide Murder Case: CBI Arrests Sixth Accused From UP’s Ballia

May 21, 2026
Om Birla
Nation

Rs 500 Crore Push To Give New Direction To Bundi’s Development: Om Birla

May 21, 2026
Nation

HC Allows Bandi Sanjay’s Son To Seek Regular Bail In POCSO Case

May 21, 2026
TVK
Nation

Madras HC Seeks ECI Response On PIL Alleging TVK Used Children For Poll Campaigning

May 21, 2026
Fuel
Nation

Fuel Sale Restrictions Reach Rajasthan High Court

May 21, 2026
Delhi CM Rekha Gupta
Nation

Delhi CM Rekha Gupta Says Ration Cards Issuance Has Resumed After 13 Years

May 21, 2026
Next Post

Bengal CEO Dismisses Trinamool's EVM Tampering Charge At Kolkata Strong-Room

Al Khor : FIFA President Gianni Infantino delivers a speech after the opening ceremony before the Group A match between Qatar and Ecuador at the 2022 FIFA World Cup at Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, Qatar, on Nov. 20, 2022. (Xinhua/Xiao Yijiu/IANS)

Iran Will Participate In World Cup, Confirms Football Chief Infantino, Despite Their Absence From FIFA Congress

Indian Men And Women Teams Storm Into Stage 2 At World Team Table Tennis Championships 2026

Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.