Cuttack: Three women sustained varying degrees of burn injuries due to an LPG cylinder leak in a house in the Pithapur area of Cuttack city on Friday morning.
The injured have been identified as Basanti Swain (43), Barsha Mohanty (18), and Basanti Mohanty (33). They have been admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
According to reports, the fire occurred in the house of Alekh Chandra Sahu when the women lit the gas oven to cook breakfast. On being informed, Fire Services personnel reached the spot and doused the flames.