Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Cabinet today approved a new scheme “SWAYAM” to create self-employed youth i.e., Swatantra Yuva Udyami.
According to an official press release, all rural unemployed youth or those with no outstanding loan for the same purpose from any Central/State Government schemes in the age group of 18-35 years (18-40 years for the special category) desirous of starting a new business or to expand their existing business will be provided interest-free bank loan for project cost up to Rs 1 Lakh.
The release said, the applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Any individual within the age group of 18-35 years. For applicants belonging to SC / ST / PwD categories, the upper age limit will be 40 years.
- Applicant’s family is covered under KALIA / BSKY Scheme or having income of less than 2 lakh per annum where “Family” implies self and spouse.
iii. The applicant must have UDYAM registered / UDYAM assisted number.
Applicants under any of the parameters listed below will be excluded from this scheme:
- Defaulter in any bank / Financial Institution or having an outstanding loan for the same purpose from any Central / State Government Schemes.
- Employees of Central/State Government or any PSUs / Statutory bodies and their families.
iii. If one member in the family is covered under this scheme.
The government has decided to cover 1 lakh eligible rural youth under this scheme initially and will spend Rs 448 crore out of its own budget. The scheme will be operational for 2 years.
State Government will provide the following support:
- Guarantee up to 15% of loan over and above 85% CGTMSE guarantee.
ii. The entire interest on the loan will be borne by the State Government.
iii. The annual guarantee fee of CGTMSE will be borne by the State Government.
There will be no collateral or processing fee for this loan. The repayment period will be 4 years which includes a moratorium period varying from 3 to 6 months as prescribed by the concerned bank / financial institution.
The scheme will be implemented in the following ways:
- The applicant will register and submit the application to the Bank through a dedicated website.
- The services of Mo-Seva Kendra can also be utilized by the applicant for submission of the application on the website.
iii. The choice of Bank selected by the beneficiary during application filing will conduct document and field verification on receipt of the application.
iv During field verification bank will assist the applicant in preparing the required simplified DPR for sanctioning the loan.
- The banks will disburse the loan amount to the applicant after sanction and deposit of margin money. There will be a committee at the State / District/ Block level to monitor the Scheme for its smooth implementation.