Sundargarh: Odisha Vigilance today arrested Additional Tahasildar of Tangarpali in Sundargarh district Kulamani Patel on charges of amassing disproportionate assets (DA) to the tune of 253 per cent of his known sources of income.
The anti-graft agency has unearthed 2 multi-storeyed buildings, 3 residential houses, 21 plots, and bank & insurance deposits worth over Rs 37.68 lakh.
Patel was arrested and forwarded to court for possession of disproportionate assets which he could not account for satisfactorily.
On the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income against Patel, eight teams of Vigilance conducted simultaneous house searches at eight places in Sundargarh district.
The teams were led by 4 DSsP, 10 Inspectors, 4 ASIs and other staff conducted the search on the strength of Search Warrants issued by the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Sundargarh.
During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets as detailed below were unearthed in the name of Patel and his family members:
1) One triple storeyed residential building over plot No.1593/1666 & 2666/4073, Khata No.235/633, Mouza-Lephripada, Dist-Sundargarh worth approx Rs.1 Crore.
2) One double storeyed building over plot No.561/4695 & 561/3937/4945, Khata No.427/312, Mouza-Chitabhanga, Sundargarh town, Dist-Sundargarh worth over Rs.46.29 Lakhs.
3) 3 numbers of residential houses over plot No.1482, Khata No.108, Mouza-Dumarbahal, Dist-Sundargarh.
4) 21 numbers of plots in prime areas of Sundargarh district.
5) Bank & Insurance deposits worth over Rs.37.68 Lakhs.
6) 3 four wheelers (Mahindra Bolero Camper, Mahindra Commander & Mahindra Bolero) worth Rs.14.48 Lakhs.
7) 2 Tractors and 2 Trailers (Mahindra 295 DI Turbo, Mahindra B275 DI Turbo) worth Rs.14 Lakhs.
8) 3 two wheelers worth over Rs.2.44 Lakhs.
9) Cash, gold & silver ornament and household articles worth over Rs.7.81 Lakh.
After a thorough search, inventory and further enquiry, income, expenditure and assets of Patel were calculated and he was found in possession of disproportionate assets which is 253% higher than his known sources of income.