Jagatsinghpur: In a tragic incident, a woman Ward Member was charred to death when her house at Bidyadharpur village under Tirtol police limits in Jagatsinghpur district caught fire.
The deceased has been identified as the Ward Member of Ward No. 1, Saraswati Sethi. However, the exact reason behind the fire is not clear yet.
According to reports, the house caught fire around noon today while Saraswati was inside. She was rescued by her neighbours with the help of Fire Service personnel. She had sustained about 90 per cent burns.
She was immediately rushed to the district headquarters hospital here and was later shifted to SCB Medical College & Hospital at Cuttack where doctors declared her dead.