• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Sports

Cummins To Miss T20 WC Opener; Tim David On Track Despite Minor Setback, Confirms Bailey

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
January 19, 2026
in Sports

New Delhi: Australia’s chief selector George Bailey provided an update on Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Tim David’s participation in the T20 World Cup, saying Test and ODI captain Cummins will miss the opener while, David will be ready for the start of the tournament, despite a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury.

Cummins, who was rested for the upcoming three T20Is against Pakistan, will not travel to Sri Lanka before the World Cup, as Bailey said the pacer would only join the squad after their second group-stage match against Zimbabwe on February 13. He also said that fast bowler Josh Hazlewood is also on track to be available for their tournament opener.

Cummins has been rested since his one appearance during the Ashes to help Australia clinch the urn in Adelaide.

“Like nearly every tournament that we head to, particularly when it’s a really busy time of the year, it’s very much working with the individuals around making sure they get the best preparation they can to make sure when they do join that World Cup squad, they’re ready to perform,” Bailey was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au.

Australia have until January 31 to finalise their World Cup squad, and they also have yet to select any travelling reserves for the tournament.

“Part of that will certainly be how (Hazlewood and Cummins) are tracking and looking for the tournament, and if they’re both going well, then it’ll be just about covering any potential gaps that we may see throughout the tournament,” Bailey said.

Bailey confirmed that David experienced a ‘very minor setback’ in his rehab last week, which prevented him from completing a running session. But he has since been cleared of any damage. It was just on the back of a heavy week, so he’s still tracking for the start of the tournament; Josh (Hazlewood) is in the same boat,” Bailey said.

David’s Big Bash was cut short when he injured his hamstring batting for the Hurricanes on December 26, while Hazlewood hasn’t played since early November when he hurt his right hamstring bowling for NSW in the Sheffield Shield, with an Achilles issue during his rehab ruling him out for the entire Ashes series.

Bailey indicated that Smith’s name would likely be considered if a senior position became available. “It’s a great problem to have,” he said. “He’s playing incredibly well, as he has done in the BBL for the past couple of years, in a position that we’ve got really good coverage in. I’d hate to put a line through Steve that he couldn’t bat anywhere else because he’s proven his ability to be able to do that on a number of occasions.”

(IANS)

Tags: Pat Cummins
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Lakhs Were Present: UP Minister Justifies Administration’s Actions In Shankaracharya Row At Sangam Ghat

Next Post

Massive 286-KG Golden Bow And Arrow Embarks On Sacred Journey To Ayodhya

Related Posts

Sports

‘Asian Games Is The Most Important Tournament Of My Life’, Says Squash Champ Anahat Singh

August 17, 2026
Sports

BWF World C’ships: Ayush Shetty Knocks Out World No. 1 Shi Yu Qi In Giant-Killing Opener

August 17, 2026
Sports

Badminton WC: Sindhu Makes Winning Start With Clinical Opening-Round Victory

August 17, 2026
Sports

1st Test: Suthar, Jadeja Star As India Bowl Out SL For 284, Take 178-Run Lead Despite Dinusha’s Ton

August 17, 2026
Odisha To Host World Athletics Continental Tour Silver Meet On Aug 22
Odisha

Odisha To Host World Athletics Continental Tour Silver Meet On Aug 22

August 17, 2026
Galle: India's Ravindra Jadeja celebrates with teammates after dismissing Sri Lanka's Keshara Nuwantha during the third day of the first Test cricket match between Sri Lanka and India, in Galle, Sri Lanka on Monday, August 17, 2026. (Photo: IANS)
Sports

Ravindra Jadeja Becomes First Indian Left-Arm Bowler To Pick 350 Wickets In Test Cricket

August 17, 2026
Next Post

Massive 286-KG Golden Bow And Arrow Embarks On Sacred Journey To Ayodhya

BHEL Clocks 3-Fold Jump In Q3 Net Profit At Rs 382.49 Crore

Kerala Assembly Gears Up For High Decibel Finale In Its Last Session Before Polls

Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.