• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

750 Tonnes Of Weapons Seized In Red Sea: Yemen

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
July 16, 2025
in World

Aden:  Yemeni authorities announced on Wednesday the seizure of 750 tonnes of weapons, including various missile systems, in the Red Sea.

Tariq Mohammed Saleh, a member of Yemen’s Presidential Leadership Council and commander of the National Resistance Forces, said in a statement on social media platform X that the seized weapons included naval and aerial missile systems, air defence systems, modern radar equipment, drones, wiretapping devices, anti-armor missiles, B-10 artillery pieces, tracking lenses, sniper rifles, ammunition, and other military equipment.

The Yemeni official also released a video of what he said was the seized cargo, showing a large quantity of new and diverse weapons and military equipment aboard a vessel.

Saleh said that the intercepted shipment was en route from Iran to the Houthis, while there was no immediate comment from the Houthi group.

The international recognised Yemeni government has repeatedly accused Iran of supplying weapons and military capabilities to the Houthis — an allegation Tehran consistently denies, Xinhua news agency reported.

The Houthis have controlled the capital Sanaa and most northern Yemeni provinces for over a decade.

On Sunday, Britain reported that at least four crew members from the Liberia-flagged ship Eternity-C were killed in Red Sea attacks by Yemen’s Houthi group last week, with several others still missing.

In a statement posted on social media platform X, the British Embassy in Yemen condemned the “unjustified Houthi attacks” on the Liberia-flagged ships Magic Sea and Eternity C, and called for the “immediate and unconditional release of all crew members of the Eternity C.”

While the exact number of missing personnel was not disclosed, the Embassy stressed that the attacks constitute “a violation of international law and freedom of navigation,” warning that continued Houthi assaults on commercial shipping risk further destabilising the region and undermining efforts toward sustainable peace in Yemen.

Both ships were operated by Greek companies and were allegedly targetted because the Houthis claimed they were bound for Israeli ports, according to earlier announcements by the Houthi group.

The strikes are part of the Houthis’ ongoing maritime campaign in the Red Sea against ships they claim are linked to Israel, which the group says is a response to the ongoing conflict in Gaza.

In a televised speech Thursday, Houthi leader Abdulmalik al-Houthi reaffirmed his commitment to maintaining what he called a “ban on navigation of the Israeli enemy” in Red Sea waters.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

ED Restitutes Assets Worth Rs 9.56 Crore To Legitimate Claimant

Next Post

Assam CM Will Eventually Land In Jail For Corruption: Rahul Gandhi

Related Posts

Science & Tech

US Scientists Developing Single-Dose Vaccines For HIV, Covid

August 28, 2025
World

Manipur: Joint Forces Recover Huge Cache Of Arms, 4 Militants Held

August 28, 2025
World

Why Indian Pharma Sector Is Exempt From Trump’s Tariffs

August 28, 2025
World

Australian Government To Cut 500 ‘Nuisance’ Tariffs

August 28, 2025
World

South Korea’s Ex-First Lady Refuses To Testify Again Ahead Of Indictment

August 28, 2025
World

Japan Will Be Key Economic Partner For India Amid US Tariff Pressures: Indian Ambassador To Japan

August 28, 2025
Next Post

Assam CM Will Eventually Land In Jail For Corruption: Rahul Gandhi

Odisha Cabinet

Odisha Cabinet Approves Enhanced Allowances For State Law Commission Chairperson

Kapil Pandey Bats For Kuldeep Yadav’s Return: ‘Not Picking Him Has Hurt India'

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.