• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Iran’s FM Says Washington’s Anti-Tehran Economic Operation Doomed To Fail

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
August 22, 2026
in World

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi said that the US anti-Iran economic operation is doomed to fail like its other coercive measures against the country.

“14 years ago: ‘Most crippling sanctions in history.’ Failed. 8 years ago: ‘Maximum pressure.’ Failed. 5 months ago: ‘Unconditional surrender.’ Failed. Today: ‘Most crushing economic operation ever.’ Bound to fail,” Araghchi posted on social media platform X.

The remarks came after US President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday “the most crushing economic operation ever taken” against any country providing a lifeline to Iran, reports Xinhua news agency.

“This will be Economic Warfare and Isolation on an unprecedented scale,” Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the move “an ECONOMIC D-DAY.”

Earlier Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs Kazem Gharibabadi said that the United States is now further pressuring Iran under the label of an “economic war,” which he views as an attempt to cover up Washington’s previous failure.

Gharibabadi said in a social media post that while the United States claims Iran is “on the verge of collapse,” it is reaching out to all its allies for help, Iran’s official news agency IRNA reported.

To cover up its failure, the United States has to create an even bigger failure, Gharibabadi said, adding that the military war had failed to deliver results, and Washington was now calling the next defeat an “economic war.”

On June 18, the United States and Iran signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war in the region on all fronts, including Lebanon. Under the MoU, they were scheduled to hold negotiations within a period of 60 days, which ended on Monday, to reach a final agreement, but the talks’ fate remains unclear following the escalation between the two countries last month.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Diamond League: Neeraj Chopra Throws Season-Best 88.05m But Finishes Second In Lausanne

Related Posts

India-UK
World

India-UK Review Defence Industrial Cooperation And Ten-Year Road Map

August 21, 2026
MEA Secretary Ranganathan
World

MEA Secretary Ranganathan Calls On Lebanon PM, Discusses Bilateral Cooperation

August 21, 2026
Nepal
World

Nepal And India Agree To Enhance Security Surveillance At Sensitive Locations Along Border

August 21, 2026
Pakistan
World

US Report Flags Gaps In Civilian Oversight Of Pakistan’s Military Spending

August 21, 2026
Kenya
World

Kenya: Indian Mission Confirms Seafarers Safe After Somalia Hijack

August 21, 2026
BRICS Summit
World

Maps Cannot Substitute Facts: China’s Renaming Game Fails Ahead Of BRICS Summit

August 21, 2026
Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.