• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Rights Body Raises Alarm Over Workers’ Safety After Twin Incidents In Balochistan

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
July 31, 2026
in World

Islamabad: The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) on Friday strongly condemned the deaths of at least 34 coal miners in a methane gas explosion near Balochistan’s capital Quetta and the killing of as many as seven labourers by unidentified armed men in Kech district of the province.

The remarks came after the two separate incidents that raised concerns about the safety and security of workers across the province. In one incident, a methane gas explosion at a coal mine in the Sorange area near Quetta claimed the lives of 34 miners. Rescue operations are still underway to recover the remaining miners trapped under the debris, local media reported citing the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) on Friday.

In a separate incident, bodies of six of seven men abducted earlier this week were found with bullet wounds on Thursday, The Balochistan Post reported citing police. One of the victims was reportedly shot dead shortly after the abduction, while six were taken to an undisclosed location.

Expressing grave concern over the incidents, the HRCP said, “While these tragedies stem from different causes, both underline the vulnerability of workers in Balochistan whose lives continue to be lost to violence, unsafe working conditions and systemic neglect. We call for a swift, impartial investigation into the killings in Kech to ensure that those responsible are brought to justice. Equally, the devastating mine explosion in Quetta highlights the urgent need to strengthen occupational health and safety standards.”

“Pakistan cannot continue to treat workplace safety as an afterthought,” it said, adding that every worker has the “right to life, dignity and security.”

Meanwhile, the bodies of 34 miners have been recovered so far after Thursday’s explosion, as methane gas accumulated in the mine in the Sorange area. Officials said that 41 miners were in the mine when the incident took place, Pakistani daily ‘The Express Tribune’ reported.

Teams from the mines department, rescue services and the district administration have been conducting rescue operations to recover the remaining trapped miners.

Chief Inspector of Mines Muhammad Atif was quoted by Dawn as saying that the blast was believed to have occurred due to the accumulation of methane gas at a depth of around 4000 feet, causing a fire and gathering of hazardous gases in the mine. He stated that the majority of coal mine explosions in Balochistan took place due to the presence of methane gas.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Four Dead In Broad Peak Avalanche, Veteran Climber Nirmal Purja Among Six Missing

Next Post

CWG 2026: Asmita Dey Wins Women’s 48kg Judo Gold, Adds Another Title To India’s Tally

Related Posts

World

Days After Celebrating 5 Years Of Uninterrupted Rule In Afghanistan, Taliban Reiterates Call For UN Inclusion

August 19, 2026
World

Palestine: Groundbreaking Ceremony Held For Indian Super Speciality Hospital In Jenin

August 19, 2026
World

Indian Army Chief General Dhiraj Seth Concludes Four-Day Nepal Visit

August 19, 2026
World

Iran Warns Regional States Against Assisting US Army

August 19, 2026
World

Expansion Of India–Palestine Development Partnership, New Initiatives Discussed In Ramallah

August 19, 2026
World

Pakistan: Govt To Challenge SC Order On Imran Khan’s Transfer To Hospital

August 19, 2026
Next Post

CWG 2026: Asmita Dey Wins Women’s 48kg Judo Gold, Adds Another Title To India’s Tally

Srinagar: An encounter broke out between militants and government forces in orchards of Semthan village of Bijbehara area in South Kashmir's Kulgam district on Saturday On Saturday, April 10th, 2021.(photo: Nissar nice Malik/IANS)

Two Non-Local Workers Shot Dead By Terrorists In J&K’s Kulgam

'Blue Is An Emotion': Naveen Patnaik Targets Odisha Govt Over Reported Hockey Jersey Colour Change

Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.