Bhubaneswar: Over 2.77 lakh people have been shifted to safer locations in flood-affected areas of Odisha as the state government continued rescue and relief operations on a war footing, Chief Minister Mohan Charan Majhi said on Monday.
According to an update posted by Majhi on his X handle, 2,77,655 people had been evacuated to safe places by 6 PM on August 17. As many as 531 relief camps and cooked food centres are currently functioning across the affected areas.
The government has also supplied 782.8 metric tonnes of fodder for cattle, while 99 rescue teams have been deployed to carry out evacuation and relief operations.
“In the flood situation, the highest priority is being given to the safety of people and immediate assistance. Rescue and relief operations are continuing on a war footing,” Majhi said.
He said emphasis was being placed on delivering relief materials, food, drinking water and essential healthcare services to affected areas.
The Chief Minister said the situation was being continuously monitored and immediate steps were being taken according to requirements. He added that the state government was making all efforts to ensure assistance reaches people affected by the floods.












